Technology for Today's Classroom (1 Graduate Professional Development Credit - University of North Dakota)
“Technology in education is less about the toolset and skillset and more about the mindset. The teacher’s most prominent role in the digital age is that of lead learner.”
1 Graduate Credit
- Grading: A-F
- Materials: Included in the course fee!
- Graduate Credit: 1 Graduate Credit
- Instruction Mode: Self-paced, Asynchronous (Online Class)
- Time Frame: Enroll and start any time
See inside this course...
This course highlights the advantages of using technology as both a resource and a tool for educators in their classrooms. The class helps teachers enable safe implementation of technology in classrooms and prevent misuse while promoting effective learning through practical ideas and steps that educators and students can take to ensure safety when online. Teachers learn to navigate tools, techniques and resources to advance skills in using technology in a way that promotes learning without being a distraction.
Objectives & Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Plan implementation of technology in the classroom.
2. Distinguish between concepts of digital literacy, informational literacy, visual literacy, global literacy and network literacy.
3. Recognize safe online practices.
After completing the course, you will be directed to the university for registration.