Preparing College Ready and Career Bound Students: From Kindergarten to High School (1 semester credit - Humboldt State University)
There are big gaps between school, college, and careers, and if these are not addressed, students may struggle to transition from one to another. Teachers in this class can help students excel outside the classroom and in their future endeavors. In this course, teachers are introduced to strategies, creative ideas and resources which can be used to enhance students’ readiness for transitions and college. By focusing on skills through project-based learning, teachers learn to assist students with developing their research, collaboration, communication, leadership, problem solving and cooperation skills. Additionally, teachers learn to use portfolios in recording student learning, as a tool for assessment and to display accomplishments.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify characteristics and uses of both paper and digital student portfolios.
- Discover concepts and strategies to connect students with real-world situations.
- Outline an implementation plan to build student skills applicable to the world outside of the classroom. online post-baccalaureate credit.
Online post-baccalaauereate credit courses help teachers complete continuing education requirements.
- Start ANY Time
- All ONLINE 24 x 7
- Regionally Accredited
- 1 Post-Baccalaureate Credit Course
- Letter Grading
- No Textbook Needed
- Includes ALL Content
- 90 Day Access
- Official Transcript in Approximately 1 Week
- After completing the course, you will be directed to the university for registration.