Online PD Courses for teachers in Oregon (OR)
(not an Oregon teacher, click here to find your state)
How do I keep and renew a teaching license in Oregon?
Teachers use online professional development and continuing education courses to renew a teaching license in OR. Timeline for completion of PDUs:
- PDUs must be completed during the life of the license except as provided for carryover units.
- An educator may carryover 25 PDUs from their prior licensure period. The carryover allowance of Continuing PDUs may only be from the previous reporting period.
- PDUs must have been completed within five (5) years of the date of application to qualify for reinstatement requirements.
According to the OR Department of Education, teachers in OR must complete:
- 125 continuing professional development units (PDUS) to meet the renewal requirements for a five-year Professional Teaching License
- 75 PDUs to meet the renewal requirements for a three-year Professional Teaching License
- Standard #1: Learning Communities
- Standard #2: Leadership
- Standard #3: Resources
- Standard #4 Data
- Standard #5 Learning Designs
- Standard #6 Implementation
- Standard #7 Outcomes
- Completing college courses
- Participating in other learning activities intended to increase the attendee’s effectiveness as an educator.
Teachers (both bachelor’s and master’s prepared) employed in Oregon public schools may complete Advanced PDUs to move from a Preliminary (or former Initial I Teaching License) to a Professional Teaching License. Advanced PDUs are are tailored to meet performance goals of the novice teacher. ConnectedPD by Professional Learning Board provides online professional development, continuing education and staff development for schools, districts and ESDs.
Licensed school counselors are required to report on their completion of professional development related to suicide prevention, treatment and management.
What state requirements does a teacher in Oregon need to meet for reinstating an expired teaching license?
To reinstate an expired Preliminary or Professional teaching license, most teachers are required to complete additional PDUs.
How do I contact the OR Department of Education?
Contact the Oregon Department of Education
255 Capitol Street NE
The information and courses listed on this page are presented as of March 3rd, 2020. Please note that state licensing requirements and school district approval processes may change and it is the responsibility of each teacher to know their licensing requirements and the process for submission and approval of all professional development and licensing requirements. Professional Learning Board does not guarantee acceptance by your school, district or licensing authority.