Online PD Courses for teachers in Ohio (OH)
(not an Ohio teacher, click here to find your state)
How do I keep and renew a teaching license in Ohio?
Teachers use online professional development and continuing education courses to renew a teaching license in OH. RenewaTeachingLicense.com online classes for teachers to get clock hours or semester hour courses with Ashland University, a regionally accredited university in OH, have been used to help meet state requirements for renewing a teaching license in Ohio.
According to the OH Department of Education, OH teachers currently employed in an Ohio public school or district, chartered non-public school or community school are responsible for the design of an Individual Professional Development Plan.
In accordance with the approved plan, the educator must complete:
Coursework and CEUs may be combined.
Educators not currently employed in an Ohio public school or district, chartered non-public school or community school may renew with one of the following:
- Coursework: Submit official transcript(s) from an accredited college or university reflecting the completed renewal coursework requirements with the online application.
- Accreditation: Educators must complete coursework through an accredited college or university.
- Dates of coursework: Educators who wish to renew their licenses must have completed coursework after the issue date of the license they wish to renew.
- Course requirements for currently expiring licenses: Complete six semester hours of coursework. Educators must complete renewal coursework prior to September 1 of the expiration year of the license to be renewed, or the renewal requirement increases to nine semester hours.
- Course requirements for licenses that have lapsed for up to five years: Complete nine semester hours of coursework.
- Course requirements for licenses that have lapsed more than five years: Complete twelve semester hours of coursework.
How do I contact the OH Department of Education?
Contact the Ohio Department of Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215-4183
The information and courses listed on this page are presented as of March 2nd, 2020. Please note that state licensing requirements and school district approval processes may change and it is the responsibility of each teacher to know their licensing requirements and the process for submission and approval of all professional development and licensing requirements. Professional Learning Board does not guarantee acceptance by your school, district or licensing authority.