Reaching Diverse Learners (1 semester credit - Adams State University)
“I really appreciate the abundance of ideas for teaching ELLs that I learned in this course. There were so many techniques and ideas shared, and I feel as if I have a toolbox to use in my classroom.”
1 Graduate Credit
- Grading: A-F
- Materials: Included in the course fee!
- Graduate Credit: 1 Graduate Credit
- Instruction Mode: Self-paced, Asynchronous (Online Class)
- Time Frame: Enroll and start any time
See inside this course...
We have an increasing number of learning styles and students coming from different cultural backgrounds. The strategies in this course help educators understand the influence second language acquisition has on learning and how to promote effective interaction between ELL students and their classmates. Teachers learn how expected behaviors within a classroom should be taught through consistent responses and positive reinforcement. This course includes practical ideas and techniques that help teachers manage a classroom more effectively.
Objectives & Outcomes:
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
1. Recognize phases of language acquisition.
2. Construct a professional growth plan in areas of communication and classroom management.
3. Identify possible challenges faced by English Language Learners.
After completing the course, you will be directed to the university for registration.